Australian Cyber Security Protection
Protect Your Network Data With Cyber Security
The Australian Cyber Security Centre ACSC is actively encouraging Australian businesses to increase their cyber security. Australia wants a global internet that is open and secure, with states adhering to agreed-upon regulations. To this end, the government is committing $9.9 billion spread out over 10 years for its programme titled Redspice.
More people are using digital technology than ever before. The relevance of digital technology as an economic facilitator is shown by the coronavirus outbreak. Millions of Australians are now working from home, staying connected through applications, and delivering crucial services utilising digital skills. The data shared across networks needs to be secure.
Why Should I Protect My Website From Hackers?
Cyber security is vital because it covers everything that has to do with protecting your data from cyber attackers who wish to steal it and use it for malicious purposes.
Small and medium-sized business websites are often easy targets for hackers since they typically lack stringent website security measures. Spider programmes are used by hackers to trawl websites in search of vulnerabilities. They infect them when they find them.
It's easy to uncover flaws in a website's security and exploit them if the protection isn't up to par. Malware has the ability to quickly transmit viruses, steal information, and take control of systems or websites. In addition to being blacklisted by search engines and spam lists, this might result in reputational damage.
How To Securely Protect Your Website
Your website serves as a virtual storefront for your company. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you in connecting with customers, collecting leads, and generating revenue. Maintain its smooth operation by doing whatever you can to safeguard it. Maintain the safety and security of your website against hackers and other third-party risks.
With monthly website protection and security, you can secure your company from cyber-attacks. With full website protection hardening, you can reduce risk, improve security, and keep your site safe from harm. When you choose Website Security, we will check your website for viruses, bugs, and unusual-looking code and clean them up for you, so you can concentrate on what you do best.
Top 5 Website Hardening Tips
Website hardening has a procedure known as defence in depth. This process adds layers of protection to your website that negates hackers and malware. Here are 5 ways to protect your website.
- Regularly backup your website. If your website becomes corrupted by hackers it is important that you have a backup that was clean prior to the attack.
- Use a reputable hosting provider. Cheap website hosting usually means shortcuts have been implemented to cut costs. Webcentral uses the latest technologies that update its local server software within the operating system. Daily scans, repairs and reporting data are collected to prevent your website from being placed on a search engine blacklist.
- Who has access to your website? Only grant users access to the area of the website they maintain. Create passwords that return a strong protection value. If an employee or contractor has access to your website then you should be able to simply delete their access immediately.
- Encrypt your website with an SSL Certificate. An SSL certificate ensures protection for your website from user's web browsers. It also sends a signal to your users that you take security and their privacy seriously. If your website collects data then you need an SSL certificate. This data can be as simple as a name and email address.
- Regularly update your workstation software. Pay attention to the software updates that are provided by the seller of that software. When prompted to make an update do so as these vendors are always maintaining their product to prevent security issues.
Webcentral is building Australia for the future and growing Australian small businesses securely.